In order to reduce cross-border transmission of Covid-19, starting from Nov. 6th, 2020, all Chinese and foreign passengers who are to fly from Austria to China will be required take nucleic acid and IgM anti-body tests and then apply for a green health code with the “HS” mark (for chinese passengers) or a certified health declaration form (for foreign passengers) before boarding the flight. The specific requirements are as follows:
I. Test Requirements
Passengers going to China via direct flights from Austria must take nucleic acid and IgM anti-body tests within 48 hours before boarding. They must take the tests at a medical institution in Austria and then apply at the Chinese embassy in Austria for a green health code with the “HS” mark or a certified health declaration form with certificates of negative results of both tests.
Passengers going to China via connecting flights must take nucleic acid and IgM anti-body tests in the country of departure within 48 hours before boarding their flight to the transit country and then take both tests again in the transit country within 48 hours before boarding the plane to China. Passengers must apply at the Chinese embassies/consulates in BOTH countries for green health codes with the “HS” mark or certified health declaration forms with certificates of negative results of both tests.
II. Testing Institutions
(1) Nucleic Acid Tests
The Chinese Embassy in Austria does not designate specific institutions to carry out the test. Passengers can choose any hospital or institution in Austria to take the nucleic acid test. Please be noted that the test report must be signed and stamped by a doctor.
(2) IgM Anti-Body Tests
Attached is a list of test laboratories issued by Österreichische Gesellschaft für Laboratoriumsmedizin und Klinische Chemie (ÖGLMKC) for your reference. Please find a laboratory which can carry out IgM anti-body tests. There could be other test laboratories which are not in the list but provide IgM anti-body tests as well.
III. Procedures to Apply for a Confirmation
(1) Chinese Passengers Applying for Green Health Code with the “HS” Mark
Chinese passengers must upload to the WeChat Health Code app photos of their negative nucleic acid and IgM anti-body tests results, which will then be examined and verified by the Chinese embassy/consulates. Then they will get the green health code with the “HS” mark. Passengers must present the green code within its validity period to the airlines flying directly to China before boarding.
(2) Foreign Passengers Applying for Certified Health Status Declaration Form
Foreign passengers must email the scanned copies of their negative nucleic acid and IgM anti-body tests results along with their passport information page and the signed health declaration form to the Chinese embassy/consulates mailbox (firstname.lastname@example.org). The Chinese embassy/consulates will then examine and verify the above information and email the stamped certified health declaration form back to the passenger. Passengers are advised to print the form out and bring the form with them to the airport. They must present the form within its validity period to the airlines flying directly to China before boarding.
(1) Please read the requirements carefully and follow them accordingly. Failure to obtain the green health code with the “HS” mark or a certified health declaration form with negative nucleic acid and IgM anti-body tests results means you do not qualify for boarding the flight to China and will have to change your itinerary.
(2)Passengers going to China via direct flights from Austria should pay attention to special requirements for flights to Beijing. Only Austrian citizens and Chinese citizens with a valid residence permit (Aufenthaltstitel) in Austria are allowed to take the flight CA842 on Saturday to Beijing. Flights to Shanghai (OS75) do not have these restrictions.
(3) If you must go to China via connecting flights, please check the transit country’s entry regulations and its nucleic acid and IgM anti-body tests requirements beforehand. Failure to enter the transit country or meet the requirements regarding the tests, the green code or certified health declaration form could result in being stranded and heightened infection risks.
At the moment, there are no test institutions for the nucleic acid and IgM anti-body tests in transit zone of the Vienna Airport. Those who are from non-Schengen countries but decide to take a connecting flight in Austria should first apply for a visa to enter Austria and make the required tests.
(4) Please also be noted that a green health code with the "HS" mark or a certified health declaration form is just for boarding the plane and not an alternative to a Chinese visa. Passengers are advised to bring the nucleic acid test certificate (with negative result) to the airport in case of further inspection.
Appendix 1: WeChat mini program Code for chinese passengers
Appendix 2: Health Declaration Form for foreign passengers